- Basic support for OpenStack: Cinder driver, patches for Nova and libvirt
- Add missing "image" and "config_path" QEMU options
- Calculate aggregate per-pool statistics in monitor
- Implement writes with Check-And-Set semantics
- Add a C wrapper library with public header
From now on, reads will return the server-side object version numbers
and writes and deletes will have an additional "version" parameter
which, if set to a non-zero value, will be atomically compared with
the current version of the object plus 1 and the modification will
fail if it doesn't match.
This feature opens the road to correct online flattening of snapshot
layers and other interesting things.
This is the simplest and, as usual, the best implementation :)
100% zero-copy implementation is also possible (see rdma-zerocopy branch),
but it requires to create A LOT of queues (~128 per client) to use QPN as a 'tag'
because of the lack of receive tags and the server may simply run out of queues.
Hardware limit is 262144 on Mellanox ConnectX-4 which amounts to only 2048
'connections' per host. And even with that amount of queues it's still less optimal
than the non-zerocopy one.
In fact, newest hardware like Mellanox ConnectX-5 does have Tag Matching
support, but it's still unsuitable for us because it doesn't support scatter/gather