Documentation → Configuration Reference
Vitastor configuration consists of:
- Configuration parameters (key-value)
- Pool configuration
- OSD placement tree configuration
- Separate OSD settings
- Inode configuration i.e. image metadata like name, size and parent reference
Configuration parameters can be set in 3 places:
- Configuration file (
/etc/vitastor/vitastor.confor other path)
- etcd key
/vitastor/config/global. Most variables can be set there, but etcd connection parameters should obviously be set in the configuration file.
- Command line of Vitastor components: OSD (when you run it without vitastor-disk), mon, fio and QEMU options, OpenStack/Proxmox/etc configuration. The latter doesn't allow to set all variables directly, but it allows to override the configuration file and set everything you need inside it.
- OSD superblocks created by vitastor-disk contain primarily disk layout parameters of specific OSDs. In fact, these parameters are automatically passed into the command line of vitastor-osd process, so they have the same "status" as command-line parameters.
In the future, additional configuration methods may be added:
- OSD-specific keys in etcd like